These yummy slow cooked ribs are just what you need when you want to cook for a crowd. I like to call these, crowd pleasing ribs. When I started offering private dining services to clients, this was one of the menu items and boy did it go down well.
- 500g Pork Ribs
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Knob of Ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 1 Habanero Pepper or 3 Birds Eye Chillies (put as little or as much as you can handle)
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Barbecue sauce, store-bought or homemade
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C and Season ribs with all the spices.
- In a pan, sear the ribs till golden brown.
- Combine the mustard and lemon then brush this mixture using a pastry brush onto the ribs
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet and cook for 2 hours. Halfway through, cover the ribs with foil to avoid it drying out.
- Thirty minutes before it’s ready, brush some barbecue sauce onto the ribs.
- Proceed to finish cooking the ribs until the sauce caramelizes and sticks to the meat, this should take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rest the ribs for 10 minutes and serve immediately with extra barbecue sauce for dipping.