- 2 (100g) salmon steaks, with skin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 300g bag young spinach leaves
- Knob of butter
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- A tablespoon of chopped spring onions
- Salt and black pepper
1. Prep your salmon by seasoning both sides with salt and black pepper. In a skillet, using greaseproof paper, place the salmon fillets on top the paper which will make the skin crispy but not stick to the pan. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes, then turn the salmon over and fry for a further 1 – 2 minutes or until cooked and flaky.
2. In a skillet, melt butter then add spinach and cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until the leaves are wilted and tender. Drain in a sieve before setting aside.
3. Using an egg poacher, fill with water and bring to the boil. Crack the eggs into the poaching egg cups, turn down the heat and cook for 2-3 mins depending on how soft you like your eggs. Use a spoon to remove the eggs from the cups and drain on kitchen paper.
5. Divide the spinach between two serving plates, top with the salmon steaks. Place a poached egg on top of each salmon. Squeeze a little lemon juice over, garnish with spring onions and season to taste.