This layered dessert of peanut custard, a dollop of strawberry jam, banana slices is my take on a PB & J sandwich but a little more decadent. Add a scoop of ice cream which is optional but do try this because as the ice cream melts it lovingly combines all the flavours just a little more.
What you need
Tart base (Shortcrust pastry)
Ice cream (optional)
- Toast tart base until it’s dry and crunchy
- Break into tiny pieces and set aside.
- Pour a spoonful of peanut custard at the base of your cup.
- Add a layer (spoonful) of strawberry jam
- Top it with crunchy tart pieces
- Add a layer of banana slices.
Repeat the process (depending on the size of the cup)
And top with ice cream.